Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day Flowers!

I created this cute little bouquet of flowers for my Mother to enjoy! I used the flowers from the Cricut George and Basic Shapes cartridge at various sizes. I used "Gemstones" Metallic paper to give the flowers some sheen. The flowers are attached using a brad that is topped with a rhinestone. I added the dowels (skewers in the BBQ section at Target!) and stuck them into some floral foam that I hot glued to the bottom of this cute little pail ($ bin at Target!). I used the Cricut DS and the Tear Drop cart to make my words, adhered them to the "Gemstones" paper and tore around them to add a different flair. I'm not one for tearing but I've been trying it lately. I also inked the edges of my flowers with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink and curled the petals with the help of a pen! I added the grass and glittery butterfly for a finished look. The ribbon ($ bin at M's! Can ya tell I like my $ bins??!! lol) was topped off with a charm I made myself using a bead pin and some pink and pearly beads. My Mom loved her flowers and I hope you like them too! The great thing is that we can pluck the "Happy Mother's Day" sign out and enjoy them all year! The last picture shows how metallicy the paper can be with the flash on! Enjoy!

Challenges this Project is Entered In:
Polka Doodles - "Summer Blossoms"


Thanks for looking and please leave a comment so I know you were here!
~Hugs, JennRo~

3 comments:

  1. Very cute indeed!! lovely colours - thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a lovely gift and super colours.

    Thank you for joining in my Summer Blossoms theme at Polkadoodles this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bouquet. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles this week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving love! Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! *Hugs*