Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Butterfly Wishes Birthday Card!

Hey all! Yes, another post tonight! Our challenge this week over at Cricut Cardz was to create something with a bird or butterfly cricut cut. I used the Create A Critter cartridge that I'm beginning to LOVE! I know, I know I think I say that about every new cart but this one is SO versatile! If you don't have it, I would say it's a must have!

I cut the butterfly (at 4inches) once in dark grey, then cut the layer once in pink and then the outline twice; once in purple and once in frosted vellum. I adhered them together so that the purple and vellum layers "fluttered".
I used gorgeous flowery paper layered atop butter yellow cardstock as the backdrop for my butterfly. I added a satin baby blue ribbon and attached a pink button with pink twine. Of course, I added some Luster Ice baubles too! My UK BlogFriend Jenny sent me a care package with a ton of yummy goodies, one of which was a set of foiled card sentiments. I used one of those sentiments "Butterfly Wishes" and backed it with pink cardstock and purple mini brads. This card could easily be used as a "baby" card but I chose to use it as a birthday card and used the following "Postmark Sentiments for Cards" sticker on the inside:
--This project is entered in the following challenges--
Cricut Cardz Challenge - Butterfly or Bird cut
Crafty Creations - Celebration

Thanks for looking and please leave a comment so I know you were here!
~Hugs, JennRo~

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge with your lovely work! Good luck!

    Greetings, Saskia
    (Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the sweetest card! I love the way you layered the butterfly's wing. Thanks for playing along with us on the CCC blog!
    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving love! Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! *Hugs*