Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Glittery Fairy Card!

I based the next project on the sketch from Pixie Cottage this week and combined it with PaperPlay's challenge to use flowers and sparkles galore! So here's the Pixie Cottage sketch:
Here's what I came up with:

I used an image from PollyCraft (Earth Fairy) and colored her with pencils. Then I used Glossy Accents on her dress, shoes and wings and used Diamond Dust glitter.

I used papers from the pink palette except for the purple image background. I thought the image deserved to "pop" a little from the pinks. I'm not sure it's clear in the pictures but the pale pink rectangle is Gemstone cardstock and is shimmery.
I added this FAB chunky glittered tea roses for my flower requirement and chose these because they are awfully sparkly! I added a few doodles, some rhinestone flowers (left bottom), sparkly rhinestone sprig (fairy hand) and a rhinestone butterfly (sentiment) as finishing touches.

So basically, this card is all about sparkle, flowers and all that girly goodness!

--This project is entered in the following challenges--
PaperPlay Challenge - Flowers and Sparkle Galore
Pixie Cottage - Sketch
Rosie D's - FairyTales


Thanks for looking and please leave a comment so I know you were here!
~Hugs, JennRo~

7 comments:

  1. girly glitter is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    fab take on the sketch! thank you for playing at the pixie cottage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Rosie-D’s challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, so sweet.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card for Rosie-D's 'fairytales' Challenge!! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Sweet greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on this fortnight's challenge, cute image. Thanks for taking part in the Rosie D challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, I love this card! We decorated my daughter's room with fairies. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely fairy card!
    Thanks for joining in at Rosie D's!
    Tomorrow night starts a new challenge, welcome back;-))m

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving love! Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! *Hugs*