Sunday, June 27, 2010

Christmas in June!

Yes, that's right! Christmas in June!! :) The challenge this week over at Digital Tuesday's blog is to use a Christmas digi and this week's challenge is sponsored by (drum roll please...) DOODLE DRAGON STUDIOS!!!! You know I love my Dustin Pike images!!! Fingers crossed the random org. picks my project!! :)
So I combined this with the PaperTake challenge this week which was the following sketch:

I chose one of my favorite images from Dustin Pike (this was not a requirement, I just seemed right since he's sponsoring the challenge!) and colored it with pencils. I used Glossy Accents on Dudley the Dragon and on Santa's nose and boots. Once that was dry, I flocked the trim on Santa's suit with a thick, linen white flocking powder.

I used red cardstock to mat the image and then combined it with green cardstock and shiny snowflake DP. I added some mini roses and rounded my corners to finish the card.


--This project is entered in the following challenges--
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Christmas with Digi Stamp
Crafty Creations - Shine (Dragon, Santa and Shiny Paper)


Thanks for looking and please leave a comment so I know you were here!
~Hugs, JennRo~

2 comments:

  1. lol! so you've been doing Xmas early as well! such a cute image & a great take on the sketch! Just thought I'd pop by and let you know I've given you a little mention on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this one is so wonderful!
    Thanks for joining us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.
    xxx Anne-Marije

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving love! Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! *Hugs*