Thursday, April 1, 2010

Sweet Stampin Challenge #20 & Spring Creation Self Challenge Project #26!

I can't believe I have finished project #26 of my 30 project goal!! It's only April 1st! What will I do from now until July?? LOL I will have to up my goal I think! I have entered this card in Sweet Stampin Challenge #20 which is titled "A Man's World" and our only requirement was to make a card suitable for a man. Have you checked out the Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog yet?? It's a must, if you love stamping and Stampin' Up products!
This was a FUN card to create! I made it for my LOVELY Chiropractor, Dr. Langone, for his birthday. He has helped me feel soooo much better in such a short period of time! Finally feeling some relief all because I put faith in him to help me heal. AMAZING!
I had fun using "Glossy Accents" to create my "gooey" frosting look! I followed a sketch by Polka Doodles for their Week 12 Challenge, however I didn't read my challenge paperwork very carefully (we'll blame it on the FibroFog!) because I completely forgot we were only supposed to use Black and White along with ONE other color...OOPS! So, the sketch is from Polka Doodles, but I will be making another creation so that actually follows the rules! Oh well! One more project to look forward to! :) This cute little cupcake digital stamp is from Regina's FAB store The Cutting Cafe! I was lucky enough to win this set from a Bitten By The Bug challenge a while ago! I love this digital set, so if you haven't checked out her store it is a MUST! The cupcake is so cute on it's own but I jazzed it up with some folded vellum to look like a real wrapper and popped up a second cupcake for a more dimensional look. I cut the balloons (outside and inside) from teh Stretch Your Imagination Cricut Cartridge. I added glossy accents to the balloons for the front of the card and left the inside balloons "glossy-less". I really had fun with this project. Hope you like it and don't forget to leave some love!

*Hugs, JennRo*

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jenn,
    What a yummy Chocolate Cupcake. Love the color combos. Thanks again for playing along in the bunny contest. I'd like to remind you to get your comments on all the DT's cards, I could only find comments on DeeDee's and you have to have all of them in order to have an entry.

    Hugs
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is super adorable, luv the many details...have a great weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely love the cake and the dp used.

    Thanks for joining in with us on Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog.

    Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Super cute! Love the image and you did a wonderful job with the man theme!
    HUGS
    Rach ~ Queen La Rubba
    I invite you to hop on over and enter in my candy give away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a man card eh! You have managed to make a cupcake look manly! Brilliant extra embellies

    thank you so much for joining us this week for another Sweet stampin challenge

    love emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jennifer. What a scrummy man card, I love the dimension on it. I want to eat a cake now! Thanks for playing at Sweet Stampin. I think your blog is ace. Faye. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. a yummy looking mans card!
    love the dimention you've got on this.
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving love! Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! *Hugs*