Wednesday, March 17, 2010

"G is for Girl" Welcome Baby Card

Project #2 of 30 -- Spring Creations Self-Challenge


I created this adorable "Congratulations on your new arrival" card for my friends Mechelle and AJ who have just welcomed their second daughter, Cassandra Lynn. This card was inspired by a sticker I saw at Michael's with little boy clothes all hung from a clothesline. There wasn't a girl themed one so I decided I'd make it instead! My clothesline isn't very long but I think it's cute just the same! I cut the outfit and booties from the Cricut Everyday Paper Dolls cart. The "G is for Girl" hanger is actually a 3-D sticker that I recovered so my papers would match! I outlined everything with black marker so each piece would stand out against the white background and sewed three baby buttons to the right bottom corner just for an added decoration. Aren't they cute??


This side view shows that the pieces are not flush with the card, but are truly hanging from the "clothesline" (made w/ twine btw!). I "tea dyed" the edges of the white cardstock just to give it a border against the pink card base.

OK, I have to admit for the inside of this card I cheated! My pink marker I wanted to use wasn't working correctly and my hands were very shaky SO I popped my cardstock in the printer, found a font I liked, typed what I wanted, hit print and VIOLA! :) The pink flowers were pre-made felt pieces and I attached them with small purple brads.

I can't wait to mail this off to the proud new parents (and big sister too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving love! Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! *Hugs*