Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Gift Card Holder

Happy Birthday Gift Card Holder
I created this gift card holder completely by hand, with the exception of the words "Happy Birthday" on the inside, which were cut using my Cricut (Tear Drop cartridge)!
I started by cutting two pieces of paper 12" wide and 3.5" high. I adhered the two pieces of paper together (one for the outside, one for the inside) and folded the left side over 4.5 inches and the right side over to create a flap. The paper used was Creative Memories (Shades of Purple) as well as the inside stickers (Jumbo Great Lengths-Purples). I cut an inch off the top of a large Creative Memories Memorabilia Pocket and adhered it to the inside center of the holder (to hold the gift card!). I tea-dyed the edges of the holder, inside and out. I also added some heart shaped rhinestones to the stickers on the inside. I cut the "Happy Birthday" using CM Shades of Purple Paper (to match the stickers!) at 2" using the Cricut Tear Drop cartridge and adhered each word to the inside of the holder. I don't know who made the stickers I used for the outside of the holder, but the birthday cake candles actually light up with the touch of a button! I adhered ribbon to the holder and tied it to make the closure!
I am VERY excited about this project and can't wait to try other variations! Please check out the pictures below and leave your comments!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving love! Don't forget to leave a link to your blog so I can come visit! *Hugs*